Monday, July 13, 2009

An Experiment


I have my iPhone with me at all times, even though I have no service in South Korea. They use the same CDMA technology that Verizon and Alltel use, so my very convenient, jailbroken GSM phone is of no use here. Decently frustrating, but what it does give me is a a camera, audio recorder, subway map, gaming system, and all around conversation starter, because even though the iPhone is not sold here, every Korean wants to have one.

So I usually have it in class. I recorded some of the kids singing a song they learned. It is short and cute. The person you can hear the clearest is Jennet. She is short and cute also. So, my experiment involves you: try to understand what they are saying, and post your results in the comments. Thanks.




PS - The song is called "I Like." That should help a lot.
PPS - If you can understand it, I taught it to them... if you can't, this song is actually from the lesson before I started teaching... so I will blame their previous teacher...
PPPS - I found Houndbite to host this audio file.. I was just going to put it into YouTube, but I can't upload from Korea. They have laws in place protecting the public.

5 comments:

  1. I like ore, yay
    I like rain
    I like a lot
    I like chain
    I like hair
    I like hay
    I like Harry Knock

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like oranges
    I like rain
    I like arosh (probaly some korean food I've never heard of)
    I like hay
    I like hats
    I like hay (must really like it if it's on there twice)
    I like dalai lama

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like oranges
    I like rain
    I like alot
    I like hay
    I like hats
    I like play( not hay two Xs, silly boy,Gabe)
    I like hats
    I don't like to marry much
    from Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're going to go with:

    I like oranges
    I like rain
    I like a roof
    I like hay
    I like hats
    I like canes
    I like em (it) very much

    Close???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like oranges
    I like rain
    I like arosh (good call, Gabe)
    I like hay
    I like hats
    I like Hanes (best undies ever; spiderman, popples, I wonder what's on 'em today)
    I like it very much

    ReplyDelete