Monday, August 17, 2009

에반



에반


Insadong is a touristy, traditional section of the Seoul. It is a nice artsy section of town where you can get fans, incense, candles and brushes that will help you remember Korea. I chose to get a stamp.

I am normally not too big on buying souvenirs. I usually end up losing them or forgetting why I considered them important in the first place. I figured a stamp would be different. It would last forever as long as I don't lose it.. And I can use it when I get home. To stamp checks or parking tickets. Or friends who fall asleep.

The booth I went to had a couple guys taking orders and then scratching out the requests into pre-cut stone. I got a little assistance from a woman standing next to me with spelling my name in Hangul (though I was 95% correct) and handed them 30,000 won.


에 - Eh
ㅂ - B
ㅏ- Ah
ㄴ - N


This is as close as it gets, since there isn't a "v" sound. Ehbahn. I think it was money well spent. And now I have a way to sign my posts that isn't cheesy... I hope...


No comments:

Post a Comment